Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Toddler

My short, stocky legs
Thick, full, and shaking
Off beat next to the tall, elegant legs
Of the amazonians
It's like a chubby, little toddler
Wandered onto the runway
Tried to strut like the models
And failed completely
They all smiled
And said how cute she was
But in their heads
They thought, it's not right
She doesn't belong there
Someone control your child!
Take her off the stage!
Tell her where her place is

I see my short, sausagey thighs
Next to your rhythmic
Long, mocha legs
I look back at myself
The colour of cottage cheese
The texture pretty similar as well
I feel so perfect
So ready for you
Then I go out in public
And I see everyone
So elegant, tan, and stable
And when I look at myself
I just feel sick
I can't stop eating
Or I feel sick again
I wish it was easy for me
Like everyone else
I try to move every second
But I get so tired and sore
If you see me as perfect
Why can't I?
Why do I fall off my game
Like a toddler on the runway

No comments:

Post a Comment