I remember when I was 16, Skyler Raye and I had Physical Therapy class together with Mr. VerHoeven. We always sat in the the same two seats in the back corner of the room and there were these two mean girls that always sat on the other side of me. Their names were Ashley and Christine. Christine was so mean and ugly, she had a horsey face and freckles and greasy hair that looked like straw.
The first week of school I found out Kayli had transferred into the class and she wanted to sit with us. Sky and I got to class early and sat down, and I set my backpack on the desk next to me to save the seat for Kayli. After about ten minutes Christine and Ashley walked in. Christine sat at the desk and I said "Excuse me, I'm saving that spot for my friend." She went out of her way to turn her body towards Ashley and continued talking to her and ignored me. I spoke up a little louder and said "Excuse me, miss. I'm saving that spot for my friend, Kayli. I even put my bag their to save the spot for her." Without acknowledging my existence at all, Christine stuck both arms out and shoved my bag onto the floor. The contents spilled out on the floor everywhere. I stood up and said "Excuse me, you just shoved my shit on the floor and that was really rude." She continued to ignore me. Raye put his hand on my shoulder and just said "Just ignore it. It's not worth getting upset over." And to this day I still not regret doing anything more after that.
Today at school, I left my study room two minutes before break started. I went in Thom's room where my third hour would be. I set up my coat and my bag in the same spot I have sat in that class every single day since I transferred there in September. After break, I went into the class room and Hayley was sitting in my spot. I said as kindly as I could 'Did the fact all my stuff was set up there not give the indication that I was planning to sit there?' She looked me directly in the eye and said 'Did the fact I'm sitting here right now not say that you're not sitting here?' I told her that I sit in the same spot every single day and that I would really like that seat and she told me it's just a seat and it doesn't matter, so to go sit somewhere else. After class started I couldn't even sit down. I stood right there for about 15 minutes, which messed up my knee that has already been acting up. I finally just left the classroom. I went in the restroom and washed my hands about ten times. Then I curled up on the floor shaking, attempting to breathe, and eventually crying a little. I don't understand why if according to her, it was just a seat and it doesn't matter, why it was so important that she stay there.
Oh sweetie!I just want to cry for you. Girls are such catty bitches and people like her are so miserable in their own lives, they need to make people like you feel inferior. She cannot make you feel inferior without your consent. I went through some shitty stuff in high schoool. I know right now it seems like this huge part of your life, but in a few years, it will be laughable and those miserable girls will be making thier husbands miserable while proclaiming to the world on Facebook they have wonderful lives. Trust the Universe girl. Love yourself. You are enough.
ReplyDelete