Tuesday, November 9, 2010

If I Were A Boy

If I were a boy
No one would call me a dyke
I wouldn't have to worry about make up
Or perfect hair
I wouldn't have to worry
About wrecking my white pants
About all this constant pain
I could be stoic little me
Without my uncontrollable emotions
I wouldn't have to look up and blink
I could just laugh it off
Without my face turning red
And heating like a flame
I could actually get laid
I get women hitting on me constantly
If this face were on a man
I'd be irresistible
And I wouldn't be so heartbroken
Or my pride wouldn't be so dented
Every time I got turned down
When I wanted to lose those extra pounds
It wouldn't be so hard
Having a six pack
Would be completely possible
Without anorexia
Quite often I wish
That I was a boy
Like a loophole at birth
To grab the y chromosome
The fact that I'm great at working
And not bookwork
Would be alright
And mean something
But I was born a girl
And I will suffer day in and out
Through stained sheets
And indoor plumbing
Through emotions and vanity
To be the girl I was meant to be
And not take the easy way out

2 comments:

  1. Girl, your writing gives me chills. It's so full of emotion!! Seriously, never stop! It feels good to get pain out. It makes it real. Own your truth. It's a journey not a destination. :)

    You need to add a follow button on your page so I can follow you!! Mine keeps saying an error has occured and won't let me add you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a follow button, I don't know why it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete