Monday, November 8, 2010

The Mirror

Who is this girl?
I look in the mirror
And I don't see me
I see a shaved head
Messy hair
Too much makeup
Blue eyes
I see a trashy slut
I see a homely tomboy
Who was that girl I met in eighth grade?
That girl with her long curly hair
Big glasses
A heart for the Lord
Ready to take care of herself
Never cussing
Never been kissed
I saw her in the mirror years ago
She's just older now
Or did she get younger?
I see the same girl
And yet I see different people
I sometimes can see that girl I miss
I see an innocent little girl
Who just wants to be loved
Then I see the new girl
The one so desperate
That she did anything
Just to get that love
I see the old girl sometimes
When I say or do something
To get me on the right track
To get me better
Then the new girl comes in
And avoids the gym
Because she's afraid she'll get too hot
And when she takes off her sweatshirt someone will ask about her arms
Comes home and stuffs herself full of food she's allergic to
Then misses out on fun
Because she's too sick to go on
I keep staring at the mirror
Who is she?
When will I come back?
Sometimes she comes back
When no one is around
When no man defines me
When I have to not worry about actions
When she's dancing
And no one is watching
And I get that glimpse in the mirror
And I think
That was me
That was ME
Why hasn't anyone else met her?

No comments:

Post a Comment