Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Girls

I'm the girl
Who lives on a constant diet
And works out for three hours
Every night
You're the girl
Who eats junkfood nonstop
And skips P.E.
Completely slacks off
I'm the girl
Who puts in 110%
Works on her schoolwork nonstop
And pulls all-nighters writing her essays
You're the girl
Who sleeps in class
And goofs off
Spends her time on myspace
And hanging out with friends
I'm the girl
Who spends hours on her hair each morning
And even longer on her makeup
Setting up her outfits in advance
And coordinating down to the socks
You're the girl
Who just throws on a hoodie and jeans
Doesn't need to iron her hair
Or wear much makeup
I'm the girl
Who is still one of the heaviest in her class
Who is weak and chunky
And doesn't run very fast
You're the girl
Who wears a size 0
Who has a flat tummy
Who I know could beat me in a fight
I'm the girl
Who still has incomplete assignments
Who misses half of the work
Who is ridiculously short on credits
And will probably not pass her current classes
You're the girl
Who's probably getting straight A's
Or at least B's
Will not be a super senior
And could be accepted into college
Even though you don't care about it
I'm the girl
Who's just one of the guys
Whose hair is always messed up
Who always gets made fun of
For that one tiny imperfection
And has never had a boy
Really say she's beautiful
You're the girl
Who looks great rain or shine
Who all of my ex boyfriends are in love with
Who could have anyone she wants
And just chooses the losers
And ignores the guys who constantly
Tell her she's beautiful
You know sometimes I wonder
Why its results are this way
It doesn't seem very logical
These unfair results
You know I used to be the nice one
And for now I still am
But it's not fair that I'm the girl working her ass off
And you're the girl getting rewards
I'm the girl
Who stopped crying a long time ago
But never stopped crying inside
You're the girl
Who doesn't have to fake it
Because things are never that bad
I'm the girl
Who's still smiling
Because it's my means of disguise
You're the girl
Who's not smiling
Because they all like you either way

No comments:

Post a Comment