Friday, November 26, 2010

My Eyes

What colour are my eyes?
I think they're blue
Or maybe they're green
I doubt you know
You think you know me
I've told you a bit
I always look you in the eye
But what colour are mine?
You don't even know
I don't expect you to know
I don't expect you to see
Amber flecked Emeralds
When looking at two pools of vomit
With the dot of a
Ball point pen
In the center of each
So, I got thick ocean blue shields
I lined them with black, black crayon
Thick thick thick
Coated them in powder
To cover up the purple bags
Don't forget the stardust
To cover anymore imperfections
Oh!
Let's re-dye the eyebrows
Draw you attention away a little
I constantly hear you say
How you love the colour of my eyes
But you don't know the colour
Do you?
No chance to see past hazel eyes
When you never knew I had them
Maybe one day when I trust you
I'll let you see my eyes
But right now you are so blind
To even the colour of your own eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment