Friday, November 5, 2010

There Then

Constantine-
The ice breaking and original
Revelutionary and unique
Remember when we'd sing and dance together?
Or play the computer?
Or video games?
I was your Lilah
And you were my Ethan
Except for I think I was the crazy one
But I could talk to you for hours
Just on books
Or on concepts
Sometimes I still miss that
But I no longer need it
But right there
And right then
I needed it

Nny-
You were so much older
So much taller
And so willing to be everything
He wasn't
Even if some of those thing
I really, really didn't want
I was just a little girl
A little puppy
Eager to please
So, even through the hurt
And even through the lies
I pitied you
I felt bad
I wanted to make you feel
GOOD
Even if you forced things upon me
And it made me feel
BAD

Aladdin-
I hated you
You were never nice to me
You went out of your way to constantly
Make me feel stupid
I wanted so bad
To be the girl
The girl who always had the same boyfriend
So, I degraded myself
And found someone who couldn't do this good
To guarantee you'd never leave me
I think in the end you figured it out
You cared to some extent
You knew for me to be happy
You had to let me go

Oh, my Princeton
I don't remember much of you
Not that it lasted long enough for memories
I really loved you, you know
I guess I always will
Even if not in that way
I'd say you have the most guts, though
Out of all the Famous Five
Because you're the best friend I've ever had
And you actually kept it that way
The next morning you'd still look me
Straight in the eye

Lollipop, Gummy bear
My ecstasy
You gave me hope
You gave me power
Power and superiority
I gave you everything I had
Till there was nothing left
I saved you
And I gaved you things
You'd never get before or after
Were you my love
Or were you my charity case?
I think we loved each other too much
Like an addiction
That needed to be ended
We both had to detoxify
Before things got too bad
You never really broke my heart
You simply disappointed me
Which sometimes hurts just as much
But I needed you there then
I needed that love
To pull me out of that hole
And I needed the pain
To push me into reality
Each and every one of you
Had perfect timing
I needed each of the five of you
Right there and right then
I needed each of you there then
But I've gotten older
And each of you has changed
Just as much as I have
I've moved on and come to a peace
Right here and right now
And all I can do is hope the same for each of you

1 comment:

  1. For some reason it won't let me follow your blog but just know I am following :) Take care pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete