Monday, November 22, 2010

Duck Hunting

I don't like to be touched
But this cold air
And this dramatic soap opera
And these pains in my tummy
Just make me want to snuggle up in your arms
But who are you?
Oh, right
I'm alone
I don't know what to do
Do I trudge through the snow?
To reunite with my one true love?
Finally apologize like I should have
And explain myself
That just seems too hard
The second I looked you in the eye
I know I would burst into tears
I would cling to you
And expect you to take me back
I don't even know what I would say
Or how to explain myself
I've been told I'm like a man, in the sense that I can't communicate
Should I do what you told me to?
You said you were 'holding me back'?
That I could and should do better
So, do I go duck hunting?
Do I find a hot duck
To be my new secret agent lover man?
Would I feel guilty the whole time?
Would I just be thinking of you?
Would I even be able to attempt it?
Or would I think of you and freeze up?
You can deal with your problems now
Or you can deal with your problems later
I want to deal with my problems never
I want to awaken to resolution
I don't want to do anything that takes guts or heart
And I don't want to go duck hunting
I want warmth
So I'll turn on my heater
And my electric foot massager
As I sit alone
Afraid to communicate

1 comment:

  1. I am "like a man" too in that sense. It's safer to stay confined and isolated. I get it. I get you. Your writing is theraputic for me ;)

    ReplyDelete