Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry that I refused to do simple tasks when asked to
I'm sorry that I'm stubborn about doing new things
I'm sorry that changes of schedule and routine upset me for no apparent reason
I'm sorry I wore grey pants when you said wear black
And that I wore a striped sweatshirt when you said solid dress shirt
I'm sorry I splashed you once or twice because he splashes me much more every night and I thought that was what I was supposed to do
I'm sorry I got food on the floor when I had to dumped 104 trays of food into a bucket in half an hour without dumping in silverware and garbage as well
I'm sorry I gave you attitude because you wanted me to watch a movie I hated
I'm sorry I can't stand any of your music
And that you can't stand any of mine
I'm sorry that I don't understand how to do basic math and science
Yet I know quantum physics and psychology
I'm sorry I cut your hair too short
Even though you originally said buzz it and I thought I was doing my job correctly
I'm sorry I yelled at you
Because you made fun of me too much
I still had no right to embarrass you
In front of all those people
I'm sorry I didn't want to sing second
When I told you every day I sing first
I'm sorry I wouldn't open up to you
When you made me cry in front of everyone
I'm sorry I'm not what you expected
For a perfect student
For a seventeen year old to look and act
I'm sorry I have nightmares about you every night and I can't support my friends if it involves ever being around you
But most of all I'm sorry
For being a human being
For being a child who never deserved what you threw at me and expected me to be
I'm sorry for ruining festival
Because you took my medicine and way of communicating to my mother
So I got scared shitless and had an anxiety attack on stage
And my hot pink mohawk made it that much more obvious
I'm sorry for spending seventy dollars on that dress to be in uniform
And then have you expect me to find something else to wear
I'm sorry that I was never perfect
That I was a human being trying just as hard as you to get somewhere in this world
But you had no right to treat me like you did
You had no right
And I have no reason to be sorry

1 comment:

  1. I am tears for you because I AM YOU! We are so much alike and have so much in common. I'm going back to school for counseling. :) I think once you work through all your shit psychology is right up your alley girl. You understand a lot about life and yourself.

    ReplyDelete